On October 19, Sam Solomon and I had the privilege of representing Genome magazine at the 2015 Folio: Eddie & Ozzie Awards in New York City. Genome won first place for two awards and was nominated for five:
- First Place: Consumer – Best Overall Design – Above 250,000 Circulation (Ozzies)
- First Place: Consumer – Best Single Article – Healthcare/Medical/Nursing (Eddies) “Rocking the Ages”
- Finalist: Consumer – Best Single Article – Healthcare/Medical/Nursing (Eddies) “Food as Medicine”
- Finalist: Consumer – Best Full Issue – Healthcare/Medical/Nursing (Eddies)
- Finalist: Consumer – Cover Design – Above 250,000 Circulation (Ozzies)
For over 20 years, Folio: has recognized excellence in magazine editorial (Eddies) and design (Ozzies). The awards are quite an honor in the magazine industry, and we were up against some tough competition, which included Food & Wine, Harper’s Bazaar, Travel + Leisure, Entertainment Weekly, and Essence Magazine.
I’m very proud of our team and our achievements since launching Genome in April 2014. While we are elated to be honored with these awards, I think it’s also important to recognize the patients, caregivers, doctors, researchers, genetic counselors, nurses, and healthcare providers that make our stories relevant and informative for our readers. We are truly humbled by the stories we hear – from the people who live with chronic and often devastating diseases but who persevere to the dedicated medical teams who support patients and create new therapies that change lives.
So, while it is a great honor to win these awards, it is equally a privilege to tell the stories that bring to light the amazing work that is being accomplished in personalized medicine. Thank you for your stories, and let us know if you have more.
You can see a list of all the 2015 Folio: Award finalists here.